Guidelines For Ordering Donor Sperm Specimens
- You may contact your sperm bank of choice via phone or internet. Below are sperm banks that we have utilized before:
|www.Cryobank.com – Website
|www.FairfaxCryobank.com – Website
email@example.com – Email
|www.Cryobio.com – Website
firstname.lastname@example.org – Email
|N W Andrology & Cyrobank
|www.NWCryobank.com – Website
email@example.com – Email
|Seattle Sperm Bank
|www.SeattleSpermBank.com – Website
firstname.lastname@example.org – Email
(206) 588 -1484
- Simply tell the sperm bank that you need to order a specimen. Usually one vial is needed per insemination (with IUI and ICI specimens). We suggest that you order just one specimen at a time. If you are ordering your specimen at least 4 days prior to your scheduled ultrasound you may choose to ship 2 day to cut down on shipping costs. If your ultrasound is 4 or less days after you order please order overnight so the specimen will arrive in time for your insemination.
- When you order your specimen, please order it in both partner’s names.
- Please order an intrauterine specimen if available. If an intrauterine specimen is not available an ICI may be ordered in its place. If only IVF specimens are available, 2 must be ordered to obtain the same number of motile sperm as an IUI specimen.
- Have them deliver the specimens to:
Bluegrass Fertility Center
James W. Akin, M.D.
1760 Nicholasville Rd.
Lexington, KY 40503
* The office is open M-F 8am-11:30am and 12:30pm-4:30pm
- Notify the laboratory at Dr. Akin’s office when you have made the order. Please ask for a delivery date from the sperm bank. Give this information to the Laboratory also. You will only get a confirmation from the Laboratory as to arrival if you request it, or if the specimen does not arrive within 24hrs of anticipated arrival date.
- If the sperm is not used within 3 months there will be a charge for the storage of the sperm at Bluegrass Fertility Center. This charge is $400/year, to be pro-rated upon use of the specimen.
- The sperm bank will not deliver without payment first. You will need to give them your credit card number or mail a money order. If paying by money order please allow adequate time for the sperm bank to receive payment and then ship the specimen in time for your procedure.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to call our office and ask for the Laboratory.