Maximizing Chances For Success
There are certainly some things you can do as a couple to enhance and improve your chances
of conceiving. We strongly encourage you to initiate each of these steps that may apply to you.
- Stop smoking! There is no question that cigarette smoking has an adverse effect on a couple’s chance of conceiving. It has been estimated that chances are reduced by as much as 50%. Everyone says that that they will quit when they are pregnant so assume that you are going to be successful and just do it now.
- Lose weight. Obesity decreases the chances of conception and increases pregnancy complications.
- Limit caffeine. Consume no more than two caffeinated beverages daily.
- Limit alcohol. Occasional alcohol is ok but excessive intake can have detrimental effects. Alcohol should be stopped when fertility injections start.
- Eat a healthy well balanced diet and get plenty of rest. This is a good time to start prenatal vitamins. Any brand is ok. Avoid any herbal supplements or medications that are not FDA approved.
- De-stress. Excessive levels of stress can affect your physical and emotional well being and decrease your chances of conceiving and your ability to cope emotionally with the frustrations of infertility.